AltStore is the most convenient way to side-load apps when enterprise certificates are revoked.
It’s a free singing service for iOS devices. Using it you can sing IPAs with a free developer certificate which lasts for 7 days.
What makes AltStore great that’s it allows you to resign apps from your iPhone/iPad directly. As free developer accounts, which most of the users have, will give you only a seven-day certificate, you’ll use this service a lot. As great things come with limitations, you’ll need a computer to use this singing service.
Also, AltStore has a modern user interface, from which you can resign side-loaded apps.
- A computer macOS or Windows.
- The IPA of the app you need to side-load. “you can get these from our website 🙂“
Side-load Apps with AlotStore:
So, here’s how to use this service to sing IPAs:
For MacOS & Windows:
- Download, extract and install AltStore.
- Connect your device to the same network as the mac computer.
- Open the Mail App, click on Mail from the top bar, then Preferences, then Manage Plug-Ins, check “AltPlugin-mailbundle“, then apply and restart mail. “do this on macOS only”
- Open AltServer, click on its icon at the top bar, then install AltStore, select your iPhone/iPad.
- Enter your AppleID and password, and the AltStore App will be installed on your iPhone/iPad.
- Now from your iPhone/iPad, head to Safari, go to TopIPAs main page and download the IPA by clicking on “Download IPA” from the app’s page.
- Once it’s done downloading, open the AltStore app, and then click on the little “+” at the left-top corner, select the downloaded IPA.
- Wait for it to finish singing and enjoy the app!
Refresh the certificate:
If you’re going to use a free developer account to sign IPAs, you’ll need to refresh apps’ certificate every seven days. Otherwise, the certificate is going to be revoked, and you’ll go through the whole singing process again.
To refresh apps certificate:
- Open AltServer on your computer.
- If you’re using macOS, make sure to open the mail app.
- Open AltStore app from your iPhone, beside every app you’ll see its reming days.
- Click on “Refresh All” at the top-right corner.
- Wait for apps to refresh, and enjoy your singed apps.
If you’re using a paid developer account, you don’t have to worry about this part as you are going to get a whole year before apps are revoked.